For 1940 the Cleveland Welding Co. dropped the “Supreme” designation of its top model and simply referred to it as the “Men’s “A” Fully Equipped”. The “Four Gill” tank was introduced in 1938 to accommodate the tall head tube of these bikes which was the same as the ladies model. 1940 also saw the introduction of the “Shockmaster” spring fork considered by many to be the best riding spring fork ever built. This bike is owner restored with seat by Josh McRell and chrome by Custom Plating Specialist in Brillion, WI.
Posted by Shawn Sweeney