Bicycles built by The Colson Corporation were sold by many different retailers from 1917 to 1953, with Firestone and Goodyear being the biggest and most well known. Colson even made special models that were sold exclusively through these two retailers. The “Clipper” was a Goodyear exclusive in 1941, although the same basic bike was sold again after World War II under the Colson name. The Colson built Firestone Cruiser and Super Cruiser (aka. “Bullnose“) were Firestone exclusives and were made only one year, 1941. In 1954, the Evans Products Company bought the bicycle division from Colson and began offering bicycles under the Evans-Colson name, and later simply Evans. The bicycle division lasted until 1962.
Search Nostalgic.net for Colson built bicycles and literature.